Acetylene Gas - Airgas.com

Acetylene Gas
Products & Services
Printer-Friendly Page

Acetylene Gas
Acetylene Gas(C2H2) – a colorless, flammable gas with a garlic-like odor. Acetylene has the highest flame temperature of any common hydrocarbon because of its triple-bond structure H-C=C-H. Combustion with oxygen achieves a flame temperature of 5580° F (3087° C), releasing 1470 BTUs per cubic foot. Its high flame temperature allows it to be used in a variety of metal working applications like cutting, welding, brazing, and soldering.

Acetylene Gas MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet (PDF)

Chemical Properties of Acetylene Gas
Molecular Weight: 26.038
Specific Volume: 14.7 CF/lb
Flammable Limits: 2.5-100% in Air
CGA Valve: 510
DOT Name: Acetylene, Dissolved
UN No.: UN1001
DOT Class: 2.1
DOT Label: Flammable Gas
CAS Registry: 74-86-2

What are the uses of Acetylene?
Approximately 80 percent of the Acetylene produced annually in the United States is used in chemical synthesis. The remaining 20 percent of Acetylene is used primarily for Oxyacetylene gas welding and cutting due to the high temperature of the flame.

Acetylene Product Categories



Acetylene Related Searches

Acetylene Torch, Acetylene Torches, Acetylene Gas, Acetylene Gases, Oxyacetylene