Government & Municipalities
Think again if you’re relying on multiple sources to get the most out of procurement.
Utilizing multiple vendors for savings and security can prevent you from optimizing your supply chain, while procurement concerns go overlooked. It can also introduce cost and quality variability. Imagine being able to go to one source with deep experience in meeting many of the unique, 365, 24/7 needs of your federal, state or local government agency.
An unparalleled offering
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, sets itself apart from other suppliers in the U.S. for gases by offering a full range of industrial, medical and specialty gases and services:
- The fifth-largest U.S. producer and one of the leading purchasers of bulk atmospheric gases, we offer competitive prices and unparalleled service
- The leading U.S. supplier of liquid carbon dioxide and dry ice, serving a broad customer base and multiple applications
- The largest U.S. producer of nitrous oxide, we serve industrial customers and government agencies in times of need
- The leading platform in the following U.S. markets for refrigerants, ammonia and process chemicals
Benefit from an all-in-one supplier
Airgas uniquely handles all your commercial gas, welding and safety needs with a team of approximately 17,000 associates that includes engineers, chemists and specialists. We’re more than a supplier. Application expertise, inventory management and safety training support all the products we provide. Safety management on your worksite comes through Airgas On-Site Safety Services. Our 1,100-plus nationwide locations and delivery flexibility diminish storage needs, while our network, flexible delivery modes and offerings provide cost and quality sustainability. Rental and leasing options are available that can make managing your budget a lot easier.
Improve your ability to respond
Local municipalities benefit from the same expertise we offer to government agencies as we provide first responder training to EMS and fire department personnel. We offer training on an array of lifesaving equipment including Airgas Walk-O2-Bout® portable oxygen cylinders. Our AERO—Airgas Emergency Response Organization—team drills community firefighters on incidents involving gases and cylinders. As the industry's largest hazmat emergency response organization specifically trained to deal with compressed gases, an AERO team will give your first responders greater confidence in dealing with any compressed gas situation they face.
Enjoy built-in efficiencies
Through Airgas OUTLOOK® Managed Services we provide a total supply-chain solution that can monitor and adjust usage of industrial gas, welding equipment and supplies, safety products and MRO supplies according to your needs to reduce waste. With Airgas eBusiness, electronic inventory tracking, balance and consumption data is combined with record keeping that eliminates paperwork and manual entry errors. Total cost of ownership goes down as your supply chain becomes more efficient, making your agency or municipality more effective.
Be in good company
We've proudly served a variety of government agencies, including:
- DLA – Defense Logistics Agency
- Department of the Air Force
- Department of the Army
- Department of the Navy
- Department of Energy
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- United States Coast Guard
- Bureau of Prisons
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Indian Health Service
- NASA − National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Park Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- National Institute of Standards and Technology — Federal Drug Administration
Through a tighter, more efficient process, Airgas enables government officials at all levels to focus on other areas of procurement and administration. Our supply-chain innovations maximize savings and quality to help you limit risk and remove headaches.
Manage gases & hardgoods with Airgas OUTLOOK® Managed Services
Eliminate waste, realize savings with a complete supply-chain solution for gases, welding and safety products that streamlines the whole management process.Learn More
Connect savings & convenience
Simplify your purchase-to-pay process by integrating your procurement software or ERP system with a solution that maximizes workflow.LEARN MORE
Control pH levels more safely with clean CO2
Effectively treat your process water with an acid-free solution from one of the nation's leading CO2 providers.Learn More