Radnor® 3/32" X 7" Ground Finish 2% Thoriated Tungsten Electrode (10 Per Package)
Airgas Part #:RAD64001958
Manufacturer #:85635Log in to get your price
- Thorium-Dioxide-Doped Tungsten Electrodes Containing 1.8% - 2.2% THO2.
- The most common type of electrode used on carbon and stainless steel.The higher thoria content in the EWTh-2 electrode causes the operating characteristic improvements to be more pronounced than in the lower thoria content EWTh-1.To use Thoriated electrodes for alternating current welding, balling of the end can be accomplished by briefly, and carefully, welding with direct current electrode positive prior to welding with alternating current. During alternating current welding, the balled end does not melt and so emission is not as good as from a liquid ball on an EWP electrode.
- Longer life than 1% Thoria while providing easy arc starting, stable arc, higher current capacity and increased resistance to weld pool contamination.
- Electrodes are 100% Eddy Current tested
- Annealed brittled for ease of sizing
- Finest available tungsten powder (APT)
- Manufactured under a quality system certified to ISO 9001 requirements
- Meets AWS/ANSI specifications
- Ground for maximum smoothness
- Radnor® Tungsten rod products are used as electrodes in the Gas Tungsten Arc-Welding (GTAW) also known as Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG)
- These products are also used for Plasma Cutting.
Tungsten Finish» Ground
Electrode Length» 3/32"
Electrode Material» 2% Thoriated