1/8" Select EH12KS Carbon Steel Submerged Arc Wire 60 lb Coil
Airgas Part #:S043240860
Manufacturer #:3240860Log in to get your price
$184.50 /US Pound
- Select EH12KS is a metal cored, carbon steel electrode for submerged arc welding. It is intended for single and multiple pass welding of carbon, and certain low alloy, steels in the flat and horizontal fillet positions. High levels of manganese and silicon allow improved performance over rust and mill scale. This electrode should be used for submerged arc welding only.
- Select EH12KS is designed to produce a weld deposit chemistry equivalent to that produced by solid wire, EH12K electrodes. The cored wire design results in higher deposition rates than solid, wire when run at the same current level.
- Select EH12KS allows for better control of bead penetration than solid wire. The penetration pattern for a cored electrode is broader and slightly shallower, reducing the tendency for burn through on root passes or poorly fit up joints.
- Select EH12KS is ideal for those applications involving the welding of structural carbon steels such as A36, A285, A515, and A516. It may be used with neutral or active fluxes and may be substituted anywhere a solid wire, EH12K electrode is used.
- Protect yourself and others read the safety data sheet prior to using this product.
Trade Name» Select EH12KS
AWS Classification» EC1
Weight» 60 lb