Radnor® 1/2 X 1/8" X 20" AWS A5./8 BCuP-5/BS1846 CP1 Stay-Silv® 5 Silver Solder Tube
Airgas Part #:RAD64001758
Manufacturer #:64001758Log in to get your price
- Stay-Silv® 5 is useful primarily where fit-up cannot be tightly controlled. Stay-Silv® 5 is a medium melting range alloy.
- Medium-range silver brazing alloy designed for brazing copper-to-copper - copper is self-fluxing.
- Can braze copper to low-zinc brass using Stay-Silv® white brazing flux.
- Economical alternative to higher silver content alloys for copper and brass applications.
- Somewhat more ductile than Harris® 0 or Stay-Silv® 2.
- Well suited where close fit-up cannot be maintained.
- Its wide melting range allows penetration into tight clearances and provides ability to fill wider gaps.
- Solidus: 1190°F (643°C)
- Liquidus: 1494 -1506°F (812-819°C)
- Fluidity Rating: 3
- Electrical Conductivity: 9.6% IACS
- Electrical Resistivity: 18.1 Microhm/cm
- Specific Gravity: 8.14
- Brazing Temp Range: 1320-1500°F (716-816°C)
- Recommended Joint Clearance: 0.003-0.006"
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous base metals.
- Stay-Silv® 5 should not be used if braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service.
- Made in USA
- ANSI/AWS A5.8 Class BCuP-3
- ASME SFA 5.8 Class BCuP-3
- QQ-B-650C Class BCuP-3
- RoHS compliant
Alloy Material» 5% Silver » 6% Phosphorus » 89% Copper
AWS Classification» AWS A5. » 8 BCuP-5 » BS1846 CP1
Diameter» 1/2 X 1/8"
Solder Type» Silver Solder
Trade Name» Stay-Silv®