1/16" Select EM13KS Carbon Steel Submerged Arc Wire 250 lb 20" Drum
Airgas Part #:S041630482
Manufacturer #:1630482Log in to get your price
$869.50 /US Pound
- Select EM13KS is a metal cored, carbon steel electrode for submerged arc welding. It is intended for single and multiple pass welding of carbon, and certain low alloy, steels in the flat and horizontal fillet positions. Select EM13KS contains a higher level of silicon than EM12KS electrodes making it more tolerant of rust and millscale. This electrode should be used for submerged arc welding only.
- Select EM13KS is designed to produce a weld deposit chemistry equivalent to that produced by solid wire, EM13K electrodes. The cored wire design results in higher deposition rates than solid wire when run at the same current level.
- Select EM13KS allows for better control of bead penetration than solid wire. The penetration pattern for a cored electrode is broader and slightly shallower, reducing the tendency for burn through on root passes or poorly fit up joints.
- Select EM13KS is ideal for those applications involving the welding of structural carbon steels such as A36, A285, A515, and A516. It may be used with neutral or active fluxes and may be substituted anywhere a solid wire, EM13K electrode is used.
- Protect yourself and others read the safety data sheet prior to using this product.
Trade Name» Select EM13KS
AWS Classification» EC1
Weight» 250 lb
Spool Diameter» 20"