(Last updated January, 2017)
1. What information is gathered?
We may collect and retain information from you when you register on the Site, place an order for products or services, respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature. The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your buying experience on the Site. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: When you are ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our Site without providing such information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many features of the Site.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including IP addresses and session identifiers. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
2. How do we respond to “do not track” signals?
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to, or provide visitors with a different Site experience based on, undefined “DNT” signals to the Site.
3. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products or services, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To communicate with you.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- To display advertising based on your likely interests (often called "interest-based ads"). For more information about interest-based ads and your choices, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- To improve the Site and our product offerings.
4. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties customer information unless we provide you with advance notice. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose customer information as described below:
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses operate stores that interact with the Site and/or make offerings to you on the Site. In other cases, we provide services or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. When an affiliated business is involved in your transactions, we share customer information related to those transactions with that business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to operate the Site and to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. Our agents have access to customer information needed to perform their functions.
- Business Transfers: In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may continue the relationship or business with our successor.
- Protection of Company and Others: We release customer information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5. Correcting/updating customer information
You can correct or update your customer information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at OnLine Customer Service, Airgas, Inc., 259 North Radnor-Chester Road, Suite 100, Radnor, PA 19087.
6. Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf, except to help us conduct and improve our business, unless the information is anonymous with no associated personally identifiable information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
7. How secure is information about me?
We follow generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, correctly use your customer information, and process online business transactions. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you are finished using the Site.
8. Privacy and third party links
9. Online policy only
10. Questions and feedback
11. Important notices to non-United States residents
It is important to note that the Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any customer information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with your customer information, you consent to this transfer.
12. Your California privacy rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Company please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
13. Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for Child Information Removal” on the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for the Site.