3M™ 3" X 12' White Polyester/Polypropylene Mini Sorbent Boom
Airgas Part #:3MRT-12
Manufacturer #:7100011410Log in to get your price
- 3M™ T-12 3" X 12' White Petroleum Sorbent Mini-Boom absorbs 100% more oil by weight than other leading melt blown sorbents. Petroleum sorbent mini-boom has a scrim on one side to increase strength and help eliminate linting. Sorbent material in the pad is a selective sorbent, that only "sorb" hydrocarbon-based liquids (oleophilic) and repel aqueous-based liquids (hydrophobic). Temperature/humidity resistant boom is typically used because of their tube-like shape to encircle spills and contain leaks. Economic pad can be wrung out, re-used and disposed of easily. It finds application in controlling, cleaning up, recovering oil or petroleum based liquids from effluent discharge, streams, ponds, lakes, rivers, drain, pumps or other bodies of water, in-plant spills under leaking equipment and machinery in place of clay granules.
- Repels water while absorbing petroleum-based liquids
- Does not deteriorate, disintegrate, or sink
- For use in oil-only Sorbent applications
- Available in three lengths
- Ideal for placing around equipment
- Helps prevent leaks/spills from spreading to adjacent areas
- Scrim on the outside of mini-boom identifies the use while containing particulate Sorbent material
- Workplace safety
- Recommended industry: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, military, mining, oil And gas, pharmaceuticals, primary metals, transportation
- Controlling, cleaning up and recovering oil and petroleum based liquids from effluent discharge, streams, ponds, lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water
- In-plant spills under leaking equipment and machinery in place of clay granules
- In drains and sumps to collect petroleum products from runoff
- WARNING! Failure to properly handle and dispose of sorbents contaminated by hazardous materials can result in serious physical injury or death and/or environmental harm.
- For proper handling, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for the material absorbed, applicable safety and health standards, contact your supervisor, or call 3M at 1-800-243-4630.
- To reduce the risk of serious physical injury or death, always use respiratory protection and protective clothing appropriate for handling the material to be absorbed.
- Transportation and disposal of spent sorbents must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- CAUTION - Sorbents may become slippery when used on flooring. Do not walk on sorbent or place in high traffic areas.
Trade Name» 3M™
Product Type» Sorbent Boom
Size Description» 3" X 12'"
Absorbency» 12 gal/case
Material» Polyester » Polypropylene