Welding Efficiency Analysis
Most welders strike an arc only 9 min/hour
Even the most shocking stats can be lost with so many things affecting your welding operation. Improving your welding rate is possible, however, by making every aspect of your process more efficient.
Look closer with Airgas Welding Efficiency AnalysisYou always want to make your operation more cost-effective and more competitive. We'll help you increase efficiency, improve weld quality and prevent rework. Combined, these efforts will save you money in materials and labor hours and can lower your operating costs by 20%.
Dedicated specialists, unparalleled expertise
Avoid the costs and frustrations of trial and error. Our database of more than 1,800 welding studies lets you see how you compare to other firms. We'll help you maximize consumables—including argon.
Our certified Welding Specialists* will quantify your operation in unprecedented ways:
- Calculate actual time spent welding and the life span of key consumables
- Compare key consumable usage against peers
- Assess time spent on rework
- Plan and prioritize projects
- Track progress and compare results
Maximize capacity, minimize loss
Increase output, quality and consistency while reducing consumption, waste and rework. Put our analytical tools and expertise to work for you, including:
- Automation consultation and analysis
- Welding and cutting machine installation and retrofit
- Service, warranty and calibration
- Safety surveys
- Weld process training
Our comprehensive evaluation will pinpoint how your weld process can be improved—and where you'll save money. Evaluations cover:
- Weld size
- Joint design and fit-up
- Deposition rate
- Weld reject rate and rework
- Operating factors
- Work cell efficiency
- Weld quality and appearance
- Gas management control
- Gas mix composition
- Gas package and distribution
- Process selection and procedures
We’ve got a comprehensive suite of solutions for businesses of all sizes. See the list below for more details.
Solutions and the skills to implement them
- Changing your gas or incorporating a shielding gas may significantly increase weld quality and lower costs
- Changing your welding wire or adjusting your wire feed speed impacts productivity and profitability
- Adjusting or replacing your welding machines helps create a more optimal weld environment
We'll also help you write or rewrite your Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) and then assist with your Welding Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR).
Where others talk about welding more efficiently, we can actually show you how to do it at no cost to you.
Call 800-909-8058 to find out how to make your welding operations more profitable.
*Airgas specialists have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Certified Welding Supervisor (CWS) or Certified Welding Educator. Certifying organizations include American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ANST), Level II; Occupational Safety and Health Administration; Certified Robotic Arc Welding Technician (CRAW-T).