Atomic Absorption Grade Acetylene, Size 4 Acetylene Cylinder, CGA 510
Airgas Part #:AC AA4
Manufacturer Part #:AA4
About this product
- Acetylene (C2H2) is a colorless, highly flammable gas with a garlic-like odor that is dissolved in acetone. See the Acetylene page under the Pure Gases Tab on the Menu of our Specialty Gas & Equipment Catalog for detailed gas purity information.
CGA Connection• CGA 510
Gas Grade• Atomic Absorption
- Acetylene combustion in pure oxygen produces the highest achievable flame temperature, over 3300°C, releasing 11,800 J/g, because of its triple-bond structure H-C+/-C-H.
- Recommended for use with Atomic Absorption (AA) Spectrophotometers.
- Air/acetylene and nitrous-oxide/acetylene are the gas mixtures most commonly used in Laboratories as a fuel source in Flame Atomic Absorption (FLAA), a common technique for detecting metals and metalloids.
- Always use in accordance with the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Cylinder must be stored and used in an upright, secured position in a well-ventilated or monitored area
- Always follow local fire code requirements when storing gas cylinders.
- Delivery pressure should not exceed 15 psi
- Major hazards: Fire (extremely flammable)
- May form explosive acetylides in the presence of copper, mercury, or silver
- Piping used should be electronically bonded and grounded
Sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Airgas representative or local branch location for availability in your area.