Respond rapidly to trends in food production, processing and transportation
Improve safety, quality and productivity with sustainable solutions from Airgas, an Air Liquide company
Quickly Adapt to Safely Meet Food Processing Trends
The food industry is changing every day. Staying on top of the latest food processing industry trends is critical to your business. Food safety remains a top priority, but today’s savvy customer also demands healthier food options with more locally sourced or ready-to-eat products, less additives and a shorter route to their table. You must reliably deliver safety and quality to your customers all while remaining efficient, flexible and safe. From farm to fork and everywhere in between, you need sustainable solutions to deliver quality, safe products.
What are your challenges?
Sustainable Solutions for Your Food Production Process
With more than 40 years experience in the food industry, Airgas has been a pioneer in the development of food-grade gases, equipment and process solutions. Our processes to reliably and consistently produce food-grade gases provide you with the confidence to meet food safety and quality standards, while improving sustainability.
Global Food Experts
Hear from one of our food industry experts
As food industry trends emerge, Airgas works with you to develop innovative and sustainable solutions …
Bill Adams, PhD, Director, Food and Pharmaceutical Solutions
“As food industry trends emerge, Airgas works with you to develop innovative and sustainable solutions. From clean label foods to producing meatless alternatives and using more locally sourced products, we’re ready to help you adapt your processes and stay productive.”
Bring even more efficiency and quality to the Food Value Chain
Access gases nationwide with the support of a local team:
- Food-grade gases in supply modes from cylinders to bulk to FLOXAL™ on-site gas generation
- Dry ice
Maintain product quality, minimize food safety risks and improve production capacity:
- State-of-the-art, turnkey food freezing and chilling equipment
- Engineering, installation, set up
- Ongoing service, maintenance and spare parts packages for equipment: contact us at 833‑PRTS‑AES I AESspareparts@airgas.com
Improve safety for your team and in the communities around you:
- 70+ QSSP- and OSHA 30-certified safety specialists
- iMSafe™ on-site safety assessments
- Full line of safety products and PPE
- Cylinder equipment including regulators, gas detectors and accessories for safe gas handling
Optimize your process with solutions tailored to address your unique production needs and backed by our network of experts:
- Cryogenic freezing and chilling food
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP)
- Cold chain transportation using dry ice
Increase visibility, control and savings with supply chain solutions:
- Streamline account and order management using digital tools via Airgas.com
- Improve operations management and reduce risk with traceable cylinders via lot numbers and barcoding
- Increase visibility and improve inventory management with EZ-VEND® VMI and other vending solutions
Premium Gases to Preserve Food Quality
Learn more about how our reliable, continuous supply of food-grade gases in various supply modes helps you consistently and efficiently produce safe, quality food products.
Download the Brochure
The Big Chill: Challenges of Cost-effective Food Freezing
Cryogenic food freezing or mechanical? Check out this Airgas Thinks article. Know why selecting a system that safely, economically and efficiently preserves food is one of the biggest challenges your operation faces.
Read the Article
Serving Up a Smarter Bid Process: Food Beverage and Retail
Take a few moments to read this Airgas Thinks article to learn why spending a little extra time on your RFP process up front will help you receive better quality bids and achieve significant time and cost savings.
Read the Article
Airgas Dry Ice: Food Production and Processing
Find out more about the steps Airgas Dry Ice takes to make sure your dry ice is safe to use in all food production, processing and transportation applications.
Explore Airgas Dry Ice
Talk with our specialists for help with your questions or needs related to gases, welding or safety.