Dated January 1, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we may have collected some or all of the following categories of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Commercial information.||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|D. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|E. Sensitive Personal Information.||Social Security number, driver's license number, geolocation information.||YES|
|F. Purchase and order information.||Billing address, shipping address, together with purchase details (products, color, size, quantity, price), methods of payment and/or any communications we have received about your order or purchase.||YES|
|G. Payment information.||Name, card issuer and card type, credit or debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, and/or billing address.||YES|
|H. Other voluntary information.||Any voluntary information you may provide us in the course of your interactions with us (such as by contacting customer support by email or phone).||YES|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the scope of the Applicable Laws, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Your California Rights
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you one or more of the following (if applicable)
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, to the extent possible, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our services with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Correction Request Rights
You have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will correct your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. If we deny your correction request, we will inform you and explain the basis for our denial.
Opt Out Request Rights
You have the right to request to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information. You may contact us as described below, or you can opt-out of the use of third-party cookies for personalized advertising by setting your cookie preferences on our website or on your browser. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request to opt-out of selling or sharing on your behalf and that agent may make the request in the same way. Please see below for the categories of personal information we may have shared about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Identifiers such as a device or browser identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, IP address, online identifier, and other forms of persistent identifiers;
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or marketing; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and behavior.
Exercising Your Consumer Privacy Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Consumer Privacy Information Request”
- Mailing us at Airgas, Inc., Attn: Information Protection Coordinator, 259 North Radnor-Chester Road, Radnor, PA 19087
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. We may ask you to provide your email address, your telephone number, or a description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, or other information we think would allow us to verify your request.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
For residents of California only, we will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days after receiving such request. We endeavor to respond to all verifiable consumer requests within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically. Per the CCPA, any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt.
If we cannot comply with your request, we will also provide an explanation as to the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We reserve the right to amend this policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
Postal Address: Airgas, Inc.
Attn: Information Protection Coordinator
259 North Radnor Chester Road
Radnor, PA 19087