RADNOR™ 0.050" X 1/8" X 20" BCuP-3 Stay-Silv® 5 Flat Brazing Alloy Filler Metal 0.350 lb 8 Pc Tube
Airgas Part #:RAD64001758
Manufacturer Part #:64001758
- Stay-Silv® 5 phos-copper brazing alloy filler metal .050" x 1/8" flat x 20" long rod 8-stick mini-pack tube is a medium range filler metal that is well suited where close fit-up cannot be maintained. It is designed for copper-to-copper applications, but also can be used on copper to low zinc brass by applying an appropriate flux. Stay-Silv® 5 flows rapidly when heated quickly to its liquidus. This allows penetration into tight clearance connections. With slower heating, the filler metal melting range provides the ability to fill wider gaps. Stay-Silv® 5 is often chosen as an economical alternative to higher silver content filler metals for copper and brass applications. Conforms to the EU Reach and RoHS directive.
- Medium-range silver brazing alloy designed for brazing copper-to-copper - copper is self-fluxing.
- Can braze copper to low-zinc brass using Stay-Silv® white brazing flux.
- Economical alternative to higher silver content alloys for copper and brass applications.
- Somewhat more ductile than Harris® 0 or Stay-Silv® 2.
- Well suited where close fit-up cannot be maintained.
- Its wide melting range allows penetration into tight clearances and provides ability to fill wider gaps.
- Solidus: 1190°F (643°C)
- Liquidus: 1494 -1506°F (812-819°C)
- Fluidity Rating: 3
- Electrical Conductivity: 9.6% IACS
- Electrical Resistivity: 18.1 Microohm/cm
- Specific Gravity: 8.14
- Brazing Temp Range: 1320-1500°F (716-816°C)
- Recommended Joint Clearance: 0.003-0.006"
- Not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous base metals.
- Stay-Silv® 5 should not be used if braze is exposed to sulfur or sulfur compounds in service.
- Made in USA
- AWS A5.8 BCuP-3
- ASME SFA 5.8 BCuP-3
- ISO 17672 CuP 281
- Bridging gaps where close fit-up cannot be maintained
- Read and understand the manufacturer's instructions, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and your employer's safety practices
- Keep your head out of fumes
- Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the flame, or heat source, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area
- Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection
- Do not touch live electrical parts
Alloy Material» 5% Silver
» 6% Phosphorus
» 89% Copper
AWS Classification» BCuP-3
Diameter» 0.050" X 1/8"
Solder Type» Flat Brazing Alloy Filler Metal
Trade Name» Stay-Silv®
Weight» 0.350 lb
Package» 8 Pc Tube