1/16" E70C-6M Select 70C-6 LS Gas Shielded Metal Core Carbon Steel Tubular Welding Wire 500 lb Drum
Airgas Part #:S041611685
Manufacturer #:1611685Log in to get your price
$3.08 /US Pound
- SELECT 70C-6 is a carbon steel, composite metal cored electrode for gas- shielded arc welding. This electrode is intended for single and multiple pass welding of carbon and certain low alloy steels, where a minimum tensile strength of 70, 000 psi is required in the deposited weld metal. Recommended shielding gases are mixtures of argon/carbon dioxide, with 75-95 percent argon. Dew points should be at least -40 degrees F., and flow rates should be maintained at 35-50 cfh.
- SELECT 70C-6 has higher manganese and silicon contents than SELECT 70C-3, providing more deoxidization and a flatter bead geometry. The extra deoxidizers allow this electrode to be used on higher levels of mill scale than can be tolerated by the E70C-3X class of metal cored product. As with all SELECT-ARC products, new manufacturing technology ensures the highest in quality, consistency, and welding performance. The use of SELECT 70C-6 offers many advantages over ER70S-6 solid wires, such as faster travel speeds and increased productivity, better sidewall fusion on heavy plate, and more porosity-free weldments. Smaller diameter electrodes can be used in all position welding by utilizing short circuit (short arc) or pulse arc transfer.
- SELECT 70C-6 is well suited to applications where higher manganese and silicon levels are essential, such as in the presence of heavy mill scale or mild contaminants, or when improved wetting of the weld bead is desired
- This product excels in general purpose welding, but is equally superior in higher demand situations as in heavier sheet metal fabrication, structural work, pipe welding, and welding of hot water heaters
- Protect yourself and others - read the safety data sheet prior to using this product
AWS Classification» E70C-6M
Weight» 500 lb
Trade Name» Select 70C-6 LS
Core Info» Metal Core
Shielding Info» Gas Shielded