Radnor, PA November 4, 2019
Click to Download PDF
Airgas Connects Customers to Advanced Fabrication Innovations and Solutions at FABTECH 2019
Cutting, welding, robotics and automation advances on display will give customers ways to gain efficiency, cost control and productivity through Airgas innovations, expertise and digital solutions.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company and a leading U.S. supplier of industrial gases, welding technologies, and safety products, will debut an impressive line-up of technical innovations at Exhibit #B19043, November 11-14 at McCormick Place in Chicago during FABTECH® 2019.
Customers will have an opportunity to review the company’s newest welding, industrial gas and safety products first hand and directly connect with Airgas’ Advanced Fabrication Technologies team onsite. In addition to daily seminars offered to FABTECH attendees, Rob Tessier, National Director of Advanced Fabrication Technologies - Airgas will participate in FABTECH’s Leadership Exchange - 21st Century Workforce: Building Tomorrow’s Workforce keynote panel discussion on Thursday, November 14 from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
Airgas will showcase a full range of new technologies, products and services to help customers stay competitive and drive efficiencies, including:
- The innovative collaborative BotX Welder cobot system from Red-D-Arc, Airgas, Air Liquide and Hirebotics automates the welding process and can increase the size of a workforce on-demand without any capital investment. In just a few hours, customers can learn how to easily train and operate this cobot. The BotX Welder can be rented when needed and paid for by the productive hour. With the combined welding expertise of Red-D-Arc, Airgas and Air Liquide, a continuously updated library of welding procedures and cloud connectivity offering 24/7 virtual support, this ARCAL™-optimized rental system overcomes labor shortage issues threatening productivity.
- The Man-O-Matic controller efficiently synchronizes power to lift or rotate heavy work pieces, using a structured sequence of pre-determined positions to be set for the weldment. By pressing the forward or reverse button or footswitch, the positioner moves to the next or to the previous weld position.
Robotics: Customers can explore the benefits of a pre-engineered, ready-to-weld robotic cell from Miller, an Eco-bot from Yaskawa-Motoman and a custom-built OTC robotic cell designed by Airgas experts.
- The ARCAL™ line of premium welding gases by Airgas, includes five ready-to-weld gases for daily needs that exceed AWS A-5.32 and ISO 14175 requirements. ARCAL gas cylinders are equipped with SMARTOP™ and EXELTOP™ valves to help improve productivity, reduce operating costs and create a safer work environment. ARCAL comes in gas and liquid forms and works well with Airgas' revolutionary Dynamic Onsite Mixer.
- Lincoln Electric’s new downdraft table and multi-process Power Wave® C300 features an extremely fast arc response, includes over 65 standard welding waveforms for optimized performance on almost any application and efficiently converts input power to reduce operational costs.
- The Airgas Advanced Fabrication Technologies team will show customers, using their welds done in the booth, how quality standards impact productivity and profits. Customers can register online to attend a preview of Airgas’ Unlocking the Hidden Cost of Welding program to learn how to stay competitive by saving time and money.
- A trio of Machitech™ plasma cutting tables will be on display, including the BeamCut™ – a 6-axis robotic CNC cell using high-definition plasma technology that can automate every aspect of structural fabrication, eliminate manual layout work, cutting and grinding with the push of a button, and increase productivity by about 80% with the same number of employees; the compact Machitech Diamond Cut™ Plasma Table industrial cutting system; and the light Machitech Silver Cut™ Plasma Table.
- Airgas’ team of cutting service experts will showcase how recent retrofits improved equipment uptime and discuss how to get the most out of existing systems through retrofitting and preventive maintenance solutions.
Safety: Throughout the booth, Airgas Safety Specialists will offer head-to-toe protection demonstrations and showcase innovative safety products along with RADNOR® brand safety and hardgoods.
Rob Tessier, National Director – Advanced Fabrication Technologies, commented: “Our customers are facing increasing demands to perform consistently, drive down costs and adapt to rapidly transforming technology. In addition to the impressive technology on display, our Advanced Fabrication team can lend their expertise to help customers remain competitive during these complex times.”
Eric Klein, Vice President – Business Development, Industrial Markets and Advanced Fabrication, added: “Our slate of innovations and services on display at FABTECH 2019 show the collaborative power within Air Liquide, Airgas and Red-D-Arc to innovate alongside our suppliers and provide solutions to customer challenges.”
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3.6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability. The company’s customer-centric transformation strategy aims at profitable growth over the long term. It relies on operational excellence, selective investments, open innovation and a network organization implemented by the Group worldwide. Through the commitment and inventiveness of its people, Air Liquide leverages energy and environment transition, changes in healthcare and digitization, and delivers greater value to all its stakeholders.
Air Liquide’s revenue amounted to 21 billion euros in 2018 and its solutions that protect life and the environment represented more than 40% of sales. Air Liquide is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (compartment A) and belongs to the CAC 40, EURO STOXX 50 and FTSE4Good indexes.