Radnor, PA October 25, 2018
Click to Download PDF
Airgas Demonstrates Smart Solutions to Customer Challenges at FABTECH 2018
- New Jobsite Skid with Onsite Mixer, Smart Cylinders and Interactive Cobots on Display
- Miller® vs. Lincoln® Challenge Allows Attendees to Compare and Contrast
- Seminars Help Customers Optimize Workflows and Maintain Production Quality
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, and the leading U.S. supplier of industrial gases, welding technologies, and safety products, announced today that its Advanced Fabrication Technologies team will be exhibiting at FABTECH® 2018. Airgas will debut new products at Exhibit #C12352, November 6-8 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Customers will have an opportunity to review the company’s newest welding, industrial gas and safety products first hand and directly connect with Airgas experts.
Airgas will showcase a full range of new technologies, products and services to solve daily customer challenges and help customers succeed, including:
- Smart, user-friendly and safe cylinders - SMARTOP™ features a simplified residual pressure valve with on/off levers and a permanent content gauge. EXELTOP™ is a premium valve with built-in regulator, fitted onto ARCAL™ gas cylinders that provides maximum safety and ease of use with a quick connect port, precise flow rate and stable pressure.
- A jobsite skid featuring an innovative gas mixer which provides accurate mixes at minimum to maximum flow levels and low to high temperatures. This new Airgas dynamic onsite mixer provides both accuracy and repeatability, along with portability - no power or on-site calibration equipment needed.
- The latest robots and cobotsfrom Miller® and Yaskawa Motoman, cutting tables from Machitech® with drilling stations featuring a Hypertherm® XPR300® EDGE® Connect CNC System, Avani Environmental fume extraction, along with guidance on how to integrate automation into workstreams.
- Red-D-Arc Welderentals™,an Airgas company, will debut the K-TIG technology fully integrated on a Red-D-Arc Port-A-Weld manipulator system, a single-pass, full-penetration keyhole welding technology which performs a six-hour TIG weld in under three minutes - just 1% of the time normally required. Pipe welding systems and orbital welding rental equipment will also be on display.
Airgas customers and FABTECH attendees are invited to register for Airgas’ the Hidden Cost of Welding seminar, featuring information on improving welding efficiency. The high-demand program helps customers assess the economics of their welding processes, highlighting ways to determine where savings in time and money can be achieved while concurrently enhancing product quality and reducing consumption of welding gases and related consumables. Airgas will also offer a seminar on Implementing New Technologies: Integration and Retrofitting. More information is available at a href="http://www.airgas.com/FABTECH18" target="_blank"> Airgas.com/FABTECH18.
Attendees can stop by the exhibit to test the Lincoln® Power Wave S500 and Miller® Continuum™ 500 welders and have Airgas experts evaluate and perform a visual inspection of the weld. Airgas will feature welding shielding gases available in all modes of delivery for use in arc welding and cutting processes, along with the Radnor® line of products. Airgas experts in welding, safety, service and automation services will be available to discuss everything from retrofitting and periodic maintenance schedules for CNC cutting machines to gas efficiency. Airgas can help customers increase the lifespan and productivity of their equipment as well as improve purchasing and account management through a robust and customer-centric e-commerce system.
Rob Tessier, Director – Advanced Fabrication Technologies, said: “Our customers are navigating continuing labor shortages, emerging supply and cost fluctuations and other daily challenges. We’re bringing 360 degrees of customer solutions to FABTECH to help our customers gain efficiencies, streamline suppliers, control costs and be as productive as possible.”
Eric Klein, Vice President – Business Development, Industrial Markets and Advanced Fabrication, added: “Our Airgas Advanced Fabrication Technologies team develops integrated solutions to help our customers succeed every day. We look forward to sharing our Airgas expertise and showcasing new technologies, products and services at FABTECH 2018.”
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3.5 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability. The company’s customer-centric transformation strategy aims at profitable growth over the long term. It relies on operational excellence, selective investments, open innovation and a network organization implemented by the Group worldwide. Through the commitment and inventiveness of its people, Air Liquide leverages energy and environment transition, changes in healthcare and digitization, and delivers greater value to all its stakeholders.
Air Liquide’s revenue amounted to € 20.3 billion in 2017 and its solutions that protect life and the environment represented more than 40% of sales. Air Liquide is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (compartment A) and belongs to the CAC 40, EURO STOXX 50 and FTSE4Good indexes.