Industrial Grade Acetylene, Size 8 Acetylene Cylinder, CGA 510
Airgas Part #:AC 8
Manufacturer Part #:8
About this product
- Acetylene (C2H2) is a colorless, highly flammable gas with a garlic-like odor.
CGA Connection• CGA 510
Gas Grade• Industrial
- Acetylene has the highest flame temperature of any common hydrocarbon because of its triple-bond structure H-C+/-C-H.
- Its high flame temperature allows it to be used in a variety of metal working applications like cutting, welding, brazing, and soldering.
- Always use in accordance with the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Cylinder must be stored and used in an upright, secured position in a well-ventilated or monitored area
- Always follow local fire code requirements when storing gas cylinders.
- Delivery pressure should not exceed 15 psi
- Major hazards: Fire (extremely flammable)
- May form explosive acetylides in the presence of copper, mercury, or silver
- Piping used should be electronically bonded and grounded