Miller® Big Blue® 450 Duo CST™ Engine Drive Welder With 4 Cylinder 24.4 hp Mitsubishi Diesel Engine And Tweco Style Connectors
Airgas Part #:MIL907477
Manufacturer #:907477Log in to get your price
- Miller® Big Blue® 450 Duo CST™ Engine Drive Welder Machine measuring 26 1/4" X 56" X 32" features 4 cylinder 24 2/5 hp at 1850 RPM Mitsubishi diesel engine for smooth and quiet operation. 3 Phase and 1 phase generator gives 12 kW peak and 10 kW peak constant power output respectively. Welder includes a high efficiency, 3 phase, rotating-field generator requiring less fuel and horsepower to operate. Fuel efficient welder offers 2 superior arcs in one economical package with two separate outputs powered by one low-speed diesel engine and provides quite operation at just 72 dB at full load and 71.3 dB at no load. Compact welder features a process selector knob that automatically sets the proper dig setting on difficult stick electrodes like E6010 for giving extreme performance using less fuel. Ecologic friendly welder with wireless hand remote control enables to control up to 300' of jobsite and features a Lift-Arc™ start that provides TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency. Welder with thermal overload protection prevents machine damage when the duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked and produces output at 122° F to ensure top performance in the most extreme conditions. Rugged welder with display meter displays hour meter function, oil change interval, high coolant temperature and low oil pressure shutdowns, low fuel shutdown and engine shuts down before system runs out of fuel for making restarts easier. Welder is ideal for using in heavy construction, structural steel work, maintenance and repair process plant piping and sheet metal.
- Superior arc quality. Proven CST 280 Stick/ TIG performance maximizes productivity and minimizes rework. The process selector knob automatically sets the proper dig setting on difficult Stick electrodes — like E6010 — for superior performance
- Dual operation. The Big Blue 450 Duo CST has two separate outputs powered by one low-speed diesel engine — so two operators can use it at the same time for increased efficiency and productivity
- Efficient design. With two standard CST 280s conveniently packaged in one compact case, the fuel-efficient Big Blue 450 Duo CST is the right size and weight for your operation
- Quiet operation — At just 72 dB at full load and 71.3 dB at no load, the Big Blue 450 Duo CST produces less noise, resulting in easier communication and a safer jobsite
- Exceptional fuel efficiency. Less fuel is required to operate, resulting in fuel savings of up to 35 percent. The more you use it, the more you save. See the chart for an estimated fuel-cost comparison
- Easy to use. Simple interface eliminates guesswork and decreases training time. With minimum switch selections to set, you get maximum control and performance
- Tier 4i compliant. Ecologically friendly welder/ generator runs clean, meeting strict Tier 4i requirements and minimizing your impact on the environment
- Renowned reliability. Every component is engineered and built for ultimate reliability, resulting in less downtime and more productivity
- Built tough. Miller rates the Big Blue 450 Duo CST’s output at 122° F/50° C to ensure top performance in the most extreme conditions
- Mitsubishi S4L2 diesel engine. Used in industrial applications around the world, the S4L2 is designed to run 10,000 hours before major overhaul.
- Wireless hand remote control compatible. This industry exclusive allows you to extend your remote welding control range to 300 feet for jobsite mobility and operator safety.
- Adaptive Hot Start™ for Stick arc starts automatically increases the output amperage at the start of a weld should the start require it. Prevents the electrode from sticking and creating an inclusion.
- Lift-Arc™ start provides TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency.
- Meter maintenance displays: Hour meter function, Oil change interval, High coolant temperature and low oil pressure shutdowns, Low fuel shutdown—engine shuts down before system runs out of fuel, making restarts easy.
- Thermal overload protection prevents machine damage if the duty cycle is exceeded or airflow is blocked.
- High efficiency. 3-phase, rotating-field generator requires less fuel and horsepower to operate
SpecificationsRated CC/DC Output: (Separate, Dual Outputs) 200 Amps at 28 VDC, 100% Duty Cycle; (Parallel, Combined) 400 Amps at 28 VDC, 100% Duty Cycle
- Tweco-style Connectors Receptacles
- Pipe Welding
- General Fabrication
- Maintenance and Repair
- Rental Fleets
- Heavy Construction
- Sheet Metal
Trade Name» Big Blue® 450 Duo CST™
Engine Type» Diesel
Engine Manufacturer» Mitsubishi
Horsepower» 24.4 hp
Output DC Amps (Max)» 450
Output AC Amps (Max)» 450
Number of Cylinders» 4 Cylinder
Peak Auxiliary Power» 12,000 W
Continuous Auxiliary Power» 12,000 W
Weight» 1064 lb
Cooling Method» Liquid Cooled
Process» Air Carbon Arc (CAC-A)
» DC TIG (GTAW)
» Stick (SMAW)
Fuel Capacity» 11.5 Gallon
Physical Size» 32 in X 26.25 in X 56 in