DuPont™ Tan Tychem® 5000, 18 mil Chemical Protective Hood With Visor
Airgas Part #:DPPC3651TTN0000
Manufacturer Part #:D13469695
- Tychem® 5000 fabric is composed of a multi-layer film barrier laminated to a durable 2.0 oz/yd2 polypropylene substrate. Tychem® 5000 fabric is strong and durable for rigorous activities and rugged situations involving liquid splash and provides barrier to a broad range of chemicals. Typical Applications: chemical handling, petro-chemical, hazardous materials/waste clean-up, fire departments, industrial hazmat teams, utilities, and domestic preparedness. Commonly used in domestic preparedness for situations where the potential to exposure to chemicals exist.
- Extends over shoulders to provide full head protection.
- Taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes.
- A sewn seam is covered with a strip of compatible chemical-resistant material through heat sealing.
- 20 mil PVC visor.
- Attached vest design with elastic at shoulders and strap for torso to secure in place.
- Meets the U.S. industry requirements for blood (ASTM F1670) and viral penetration (ASTM F1671).
- Protects against several bloodborne pathogen exposure risks.
- ASTM F739
- Use when potential exposure to chemical warfare agents exists.
- Tychem® should not be used around heat, flames, sparks or in potentially flammable or explosive environments.
- Garments made of Tychem® fabrics should have slip-resistant or anti-slip materials on the outer surface of boots, shoe covers, or other garment surfaces in conditions where slipping could occur.
Clothing Type» Hood
Trade Name» Tychem® 5000
Clothing Size» One Size Fits Most
Material» Tychem® 5000
Thickness» 20 mil
Closure» Hook And Loop Waist