3M™ 3" X 8' White Polyester/Polypropylene Mini Sorbent Boom
Airgas Part #:3MRT-8
Manufacturer #:7000001922Log in to get your price
- 3M™ T8 3" X 8' White Petroleum Sorbent Mini-Boom absorbs up to 100% more oil by weight than other leading melt blown sorbents. Mini-boom is designed with a scrim to enhance particulate sorbent material and feature tube-like shape to encircle spills or contain leaks. Sorbent material in the boom is a selective sorbent, that only "sorb" hydrocarbon-based liquids (oleophilic) and repel aqueous-based liquids (hydrophobic). Economic boom can be wrung out, re-used and disposed of easily. Temperature/humidity resistant boom finds application in controlling, cleaning up, recovering oil or petroleum based liquids from effluent discharge, streams, ponds, lakes, rivers, drain, pumps or other bodies of water, in-plant spills under leaking equipment and machinery in place of clay granules.
- Repels water while absorbing petroleum-based liquids
- Does not deteriorate, disintegrate, or sink
- For use in oil-only Sorbent applications
- Available in three lengths
- Ideal for placing around equipment
- Helps prevent leaks/spills from spreading to adjacent areas
- Scrim on the outside of mini-boom identifies the use while containing particulate Sorbent material
- Workplace safety
- Recommended industry: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, military, mining, oil And gas, pharmaceuticals, primary metals, transportation
- Controlling, cleaning up and recovering oil and petroleum based liquids from effluent discharge, streams, ponds, lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water
- In-plant spills under leaking equipment and machinery in place of clay granules
- In drains and sumps to collect petroleum products from runoff
- WARNING! Failure to properly handle and dispose of sorbents contaminated by hazardous materials can result in serious physical injury or death and/or environmental harm.
- For proper handling, consult the Material Safety Data Sheet for the material absorbed, applicable safety and health standards, contact your supervisor, or call 3M at 1-800-243-4630.
- To reduce the risk of serious physical injury or death, always use respiratory protection and protective clothing appropriate for handling the material to be absorbed.
- Transportation and disposal of spent sorbents must comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- CAUTION - Sorbents may become slippery when used on flooring. Do not walk on sorbent or place in high traffic areas.
Trade Name» 3M™
Product Type» Sorbent Boom
Size Description» 3" X 8'"
Absorbency» 12 gal/case
Material» Polyester » Polypropylene