Norton® Blaze® 4 1/2" X 5/8" - 11" 80 Grit Type 27 Flap Disc
Airgas Part #:NOR66261096436
Manufacturer #:66261096436Log in to get your price
- Blaze® Norton® Flap Disc - Flap discs are versatile grinding and finishing tools with three main components: backing plate, adhesive, and abrasive flaps. The flaps wear during use continually exposing new abrasive grain. The different variations of the components provide a variety of applications, ranging from heavy stock removal to blending to finishing. Flap discs are designed for portable grinder applications and can combine the 2-step stock removal and finishing operations of depressed center wheels and fiber discs into one operation.
- Latest-generation ceramic alumina abrasive grain lasts 50% - 200% longer than any flap discs on stainless steel, cobalt, chrome, Inconel, titanium and other hard-to-grind materials
- Y-weight polyester flaps with a supersize grinding aid to significantly improve life, grain retention, and fray resistance while providing a cool, noticeably fast cut rate
- Durable, high-strength, lightweight fiberglass backing plate on Type 27 HD absorbs vibration for greater operator comfort
- Type 27 flap discs are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing
- Medium 80 grit for light blending and cleaning
- High-density - jumbo flaps - discs are the choice when working on uneven or curved surfaces, as well as finer-grit blending
- Metal fabrication, metal finishing, construction and MRO
- Light surface finishing to heavy stock removal of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum
- When working on stainless it's important to remember there is more heat generated
- Aluminum behaves differently from carbon and stainless in that it can load during grinding
Trade Name» Blaze®
Diameter» 4 1/2"
Arbor» 5/8" - 11"
Disc Type» Type 27
Coating» Premium Ceramic Alumina