Norton® Neon® 4 1/2" X 5/8" - 11" 40 Grit Type 27 Flap Disc
Airgas Part #:NOR66623399000
Manufacturer #:66623399000Log in to get your price
- Neon® Norton® Flap Disc - Flap discs are versatile grinding and finishing tools with three main components: backing plate, adhesive, and abrasive flaps. The flaps wear during use continually exposing new abrasive grain. The different variations of the components provide a variety of applications, ranging from heavy stock removal to blending to finishing. Flap discs are designed for portable grinder applications and can combine the 2-step stock removal and finishing operations of depressed center wheels and fiber discs into one operation.
- Alternating zirconia alumina (blue) and aluminum oxide (black) flaps provides higher performance than aluminum oxide while retaining an economical price
- Type 27 Flat discs are designed to be used at a 0 to 15 degree angle on flat surfaces for blending and smooth finishing
- Flexible plastic backing plate adds conformability and is quickly, easily trimmable
- Polyester/cotton backing combination for good cut rate and finishing
- Coarse 40 grit for stock removal, beveling and edge chamfering
- Good choice for soft metals to hard-to-grind stainless and carbon steel
- Edge chamfering
- Weld blending
- Stock removal
Trade Name» Neon®
Diameter» 4 1/2"
Arbor» 5/8" - 11"
Disc Type» Type 27
Coating» Zirconia Alumina