5/32" Select EM12KS Carbon Steel Submerged Arc Wire 50 lb Coil
Airgas Part #:S044021455
Manufacturer #:4021455Log in to get your price
$3.08 /US Pound
- Select EM12KS is a metal cored, carbon steel electrode for submerged arc welding. It is intended for single and multiple pass welding of carbon, and certain low alloy, steels in the flat and horizontal fillet positions. This electrode should be used for submerged arc welding only.
- Select EM12KS is designed to produce a weld deposit chemistry equivalent to that produced by solid wire, EM12K electrodes. The cored wire design results in higher deposition rates than solid wire when run at the same current level.
- Select EM12KS allows for better control of bead penetration than solid wire. The penetration pattern for a cored electrode is broader and slightly shallower, reducing the tendency for burn through on root passes or poorly fit up joints.
- Select EM12KS is ideal for those applications involving the welding of structural carbon steels such as A36, A285, A515, and A516. It may be used with neutral or active fluxes and may be substituted anywhere a solid wire, EM12K electrode is used.
- Protect yourself and others read the safety data sheet prior to using this product.
Trade Name» Select EM12KS
AWS Classification» EC1
Weight» 50 lb