3/32" X 36" ER5356 Harris® 5356 Aluminum TIG Rod 1 lb Tube
Airgas Part #:HAR53565011POP
Manufacturer Part #:53565011POP
- 5356 aluminum GTAW (TIG) welding alloy is an all-position, non-heat treatable alloy used to weld the 5XXX series alloys when 40,000 psi tensile strength is not a requirement. Alloy 5356 is a very good all-purpose alloy. It is the most widely used of all aluminum/silicon filler metals. Conveniently packaged for point-of-purchase display.
- Designed for welding non-heat treatable base alloys, specifically 5XXX series alloys
- Welds 5XXX series alloys when 40,000 psi tensile strength is not required
- All position welding rodMost widely used aluminum filler metals
- Very good general purpose filler alloy
- White (post anodized) color
- Embossed on each end for easy identification after use
- Chemical Composition: Aluminum Remainder %, Magnesium 4.5-5.5%, Manganese 0.05-0.20%, Silicon 0.25% max., Beryllium 0.0008% max., Titanium 0.06-0.20%, Copper 0.10% max., Chromium 0.05-0.20%, Zinc 0.10% max., Iron 0.40% max., Others Each 0.05% max., Total 0.15% max.
- Color: White (post anodized)
- Density: 0.096 (lbs./cu.in.)
- Elongation: 17% in 2" (as welded 5086 base plate)
- Liquidus: 1175°F (635°C)
- Polarity: AC - Hemisphere tip shape tungsten electrode
- Solidus: 1060°F (571°C)
- Tensile Strength (psi): 39,000 psi (as welded 5086 base plate)
- Yield Strength (psi): 19,000 psi (as welded 5086 base plate)Warranty: 1 Year
- Welding Position: All
- Welding 5XXX series alloys, boats/ships, bicycles, trucks, pressure vessels, automotive parts
- Warning: Protect yourself and others. Read and understand this information.
- Fumes and Gases can be hazardous to your health.
- Arc Rays can injure eyes and burn skin.
- Electric Shock can KILL.
- Before use, read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and your employer's safety practices.
- Keep your head out of fumes.
- Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the arc, or both, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area.
- Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection.
- Do not touch live electrical parts.
- See American National Standard Z49.1, Safety in Welding, Cutting, and Allied Processes, published by the American Welding Society, 550 N.W. LeJeune Road, Miami, Florida 33126
- OSHA Safety and Health Standards, available from the U.S. Government Office, Washington, DC 20402.
AWS Classification» ER5356
Weight» 1 lb
Trade Name» Harris®
» Harris® 5356