RADNOR® 3/32" X 7" 2% Ceriated Tungsten Electrode Ground (10 Per Package)
Airgas Part #:RAD64001983
Manufacturer #:332-7GC2Log in to get your price
- Cerium-Dioxide-Doped Tungsten Electrodes Containing 1.8% To 2.2% CeO2. The EWCe-2 electrodes are tungsten electrodes containing about two percent cerium oxide, referred to as ceria. The EWCe-2 electrodes were first introduced into the United States market in 1987. Several other grades of this type electrode are commercially practical, including electrodes containing one percent CeO, but only one grade, EWCe-2, has been incorporated in this specification as having commercial significance. The advantages of tungsten electrodes containing ceria, compared to pure tungsten, include increased ease of starting, improved arc stability and reduced rate of vaporization or burn-off. Unlike thoria, ceria is not a radioactive material. These electrodes operate successfully with alternating current or direct current, either polarity.
- Provide easy arc starting, good arc stability, long life and high current carrying capacity.
- Electrodes are 100% Eddy Current tested
- Annealed brittled for ease of sizing
- Finest available tungsten powder (APT)
- Meets AWS/ANSI specifications
- Ground for maximum smoothness
- RADNOR® Tungsten rod products are used as electrodes in the Gas Tungsten Arc-Welding (GTAW) also known as Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG)
- These products are also used for Plasma Cutting
- Can be used instead of 2% thoriated in may applications.
Electrode Material» 2% Ceriated
Electrode Length» 7"
Tungsten Finish» Ground
Package Size» 10