Radnor, PA November 3, 2022
Click to Download PDF
Airgas Presents Innovative Advanced Fabrication Solutions to Customers at FABTECH 2022
Customers will gain new insights on ways to create efficiencies, competitive advantages, and productivity through Airgas’ gas, welding, automation and cutting innovations.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, will showcase its innovative solutions for the automation, welding, and cutting industries at this year’s FABTECH Expo, held November 8 through November 10, 2022, at Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center, Exhibit #C12107.
On Tuesday, November 8, 2022 from 12:45 pm–4:00 pm ET, Rob Tessier, Airgas’ National Director of Advanced Fabrication Technologies and an Air Liquide International Scientific Fellow, will lead “Welding Productivity for Welding Enthusiasts,” as part of the Welding track, to share perspective on welding economics and overcoming productivity limitations.
On Thursday, November 10, 2022 from 8:30 am–9:30 am ET in room B302, Airgas’ Jonathan White, National Director of Cutting Services and Bill Pharmer, National Sales Manager for Advanced Fabrication, will share tips on how to make the most out of your existing equipment and keep your business on track, in their presentation, “Keep Equipment Running and Productivity High.”
In addition, members of Airgas’ team will present short talks in the Airgas exhibit on topics including “Benchmarking Your Fabrications Costs”, “Heat Treating Solutions” and “Safety and PPE for Welding.”
Airgas’ booth will showcase a full range of new technologies, products and services to help customers stay competitive and drive efficiencies, including:
• BotX WelderTM collaborative robot welding system: The BotX cobot welder addresses the skilled labor shortage by enabling companies to quickly acquire easy-to-use automated welding through short or long-term rental, lease or purchase programs. In just a few hours, users can learn how to easily train and operate this cobot system from Red‑D‑Arc.
• Red-D-Arc Process Pipe Cell: Red-D-Arc’s Process Pipe Cell (PPC) with oscillating welding torch is a dual wire feeder, multi-process welding cell that is designed to greatly increase process pipe welding productivity.
• ARCALTM: The ARCAL line includes five ready-to-weld pure argon and argon gas mixtures, and provides welders with high quality shielding gas that allows them to produce better welds. ARCAL gas cylinders are equipped with SMARTOPTM and EXELTOPTM valves to help improve productivity, lower operating costs and create a safer work environment.
• Unlocking the Hidden Cost of WeldingTM Program: Using data gained from studying more than 2,500 welding operations, the Unlocking the Hidden Cost of Welding program is a systematic program designed to help welding operations stay competitive through continuous improvement. As part of the program, the recently patented digital dashboard, Digital Welding Efficiency AnalysisTM (DWEATM), is a monitoring solution that gives customers visibility into how they are performing in comparison to their goals and against their peers. At the FABTECH booth, Airgas experts will be conducting DWEA demos and short presentations to introduce how customers can benchmark their costs through the Unlocking the Hidden Cost of Welding program, monitor their performance in the program with DWEA and unveil cost saving opportunities.
• RADNORTM Plasma Cutting Table: Airgas’ new robust plasma cutting table provides industrial strength, accuracy, easy setup, a compact footprint and is ready for deployment.
• Machitech Diamond CutTM with Bevel Head and Hypertherm® XPR 300: This compact industrial plasma cutting system is designed for accurate and productive high precision cutting applications. Its unitized construction and patented inverted linear rails provides accuracy and cut quality with an outboard pipe profiling system.
• Airgas will showcase RADNOR Welding Helmets featuring 3MTM SpeedglasTM technology for the first time at FABTECH. These professional-grade helmets offer durability, comfort, and the rugged reliability and value of the RADNOR brand with the performance technology of the 3MTM SpeedglasTM brand. Airgas QSSP- and OSHA 30-certified safety specialists will be on hand to discuss ways to manage risks and select safety products and PPE products fit for the application.
Eric Klein, Vice President Advanced Fabrication Markets - Business Development, commented: “Labor shortages continue to be a challenge in the marketplace and our customers are looking to address these issues with automation that is easy to implement. Airgas can support the diversity of automation solutions, from cobotic welding to traditional welding and cutting automation, helping our customers determine what is the right fit for them. We have the resources to implement automation that is effective in addressing the labor shortages, while simultaneously improving productivity and creating efficiencies.”
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 75 countries with approximately 66,400 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Taking action today while preparing the future is at the heart of Air Liquide’s strategy. With ADVANCE, its strategic plan for 2025, Air Liquide is targeting a global performance, combining financial and extra-financial dimensions. Positioned on new markets, the Group benefits from major assets such as its business model combining resilience and strength, its ability to innovate and its technological expertise. The Group develops solutions contributing to climate and the energy transition—particularly with hydrogen—and takes action to progress in areas of healthcare, digital and high technologies.
Air Liquide’s revenue amounted to more than 23 billion euros in 2021. Air Liquide is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (compartment A) and belongs to the CAC 40, CAC 40 ESG, EURO STOXX 50 and FTSE4Good indexes.